909Saloon has closed and this is a memorial site. Feel free to browse the site.
<< Back to Recipes
- 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water 43 to 45 degrees C (110 to 115 degrees F)
- 1 cup Kellogg's* All-Bran* Original cereal
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose or bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Tex-Mex cheese blend, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can refried beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno peppers (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet yellow pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
Read More at allrecipes.com
- Crust: In small bowl, stir yeast into warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in cereal. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cereal is softened.
- In food processor bowl, combine flour, salt and 125 ml (1/2 cup) of the cheese; pulse to mix. Add oil and process for 30 seconds. Add cereal mixture; continue processing for 30 seconds or until dough is formed. Remove and shape into smooth ball. Cover with plastic wrap; let rest in warm place for 10 minutes.
- Toppings: In medium bowl, mix together refried beans, salsa, jalapeno peppers and cumin. Set aside.
- With heal of hand, on 30 cm (12-inch) pizza pan, press dough out to form crust. Spread with bean mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 125 ml (1/2 cup) Mexican cheese blend and 250 ml (1 cup) of the Monterey Jack cheese. Arrange vegetables over top. Sprinkle top with remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 230 degrees C (450 F) for about 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is light brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting.