909Saloon has closed and this is a memorial site. Feel free to browse the site.
<< Back to Recipes
- 1 (3 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1 (20 ounce) can sliced pineapple, drained
Read More at allrecipes.com
- In a large skillet, brown roast in oil over medium-high heat. Cut in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion, 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce and pineapple juice. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the flour and remaining teriyaki sauce until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high for 30-40 minutes or until thickened. Shred meat with two forks; return to the slow cooker and heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun; top with a slice of pineapple.